Monday, November 30, 2009

Somewhere in Brooklyn, NY

Greetings! I'm back! Well, not really back. I'm now in Boston at my uncle's place. Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. But fear not, I have tons of pictures to share with you on my trip to Spain. The food, the wine, the yofruit digestive cookies, ahh ... oh how I miss them all. But for now I will go in chronological order. First, here's a lovely day spent in Brooklyn with Pete and Sarah.

Pete and Sarah are coming out with a letterpress card collection for the holiday season and I tagged along to go watch them work their magic. If you're not sure what letterpress printing is, it looks like this.
It's a relief printing of text and images that you run through a printing press. It's very labor intensive because you have to first create a wooden block of your design and then you run each paper through the press to get the impression and/or color. The end results, however, are quite lovely. You can run your fingers through the letters and feel the impression on the paper. They are coming out with a website soon so I'll link the site when it's up. I've taken a sneak peak at their holiday cards and they are adorable and all made with LOVE, of course.

This letterpress shop had so much charm. It seriously could be a storefront for Anthropologie. I think I uttered "oh my gosh, it is so cute" ten gazillion times while I was there and kept taking pictures of his workspace, including this door.
It's so weathered and beat, and I'm sure it's been around forever. If only it could talk, it would say, "stop taking pictures of me crazy girl."
A peak from the inside.
Here's his doggie.
The owner let me wander around his loft and look through his collection of letterpress blocks.
While we were there, he was making signs for his friend's book signing party.
Here are some of his presses.
Another press of some kind.
Since this is supposed to be a food blog after all, here's a pic of my lovely latte that I had at Oslo Coffee nearby. I just checked their website and apparently they are located in Williamsburg, so that's where I was! I'm not a huge coffee drinker, but there were quite a few people waiting in line, so they must be doing something right.
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment