Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Sweet & Savories - Chicago, IL

A friend of mine recommended Sweets & Savories to me awhile back for the Sunday prix fixe menu.  For $14, you get a two course meal that comes with coffee or tea and a plate of baked goods.  It sounded like a great bargain to me so a few of my girlfriends and I planned a Sunday Brunch there recently.  

It's on Fullerton, but the front is very unassuming so it's pretty easy to completely miss it.  I ended up having to drive past it a few times.  


It's a small little restaurant so getting reservations may be a challenge.  When we were there, they were having a bridal shower there, which took up half of the restaurant.  I suppose we were lucky to have squeezed in when we did.  We were greeted with a plate of scones, cinnamon rolls, coffee cake, muffins and palmiers, all of which were delicious.


For your starter, you get a choice of fresh fruit, soup or salad.  I chose the baby arugula salad with lemon, grana cheese and white truffle oil.  


I originally wanted the Sweets & Savories Burger that's made with American Kobe, Duck Liver Pate and Truffle Mayonnaise.  However they were in limited supply that day, so I went with the second choice which was the House Cured Salmon Benedict, Poached Eggs and Lemon Hollandaise, which was really tasty.  


Some of my friends got the Butter Poached Lobster Hash, which was excellent as well.  Look at those chunks of lobster.  Yum.  Everyone really enjoyed everything they ordered.


If you can just remember to make reservations in advance, this is the perfect place to take your girlfriends for Sunday brunch.  

Sweets & Savories
1534 W Fullerton
Chicago, IL 60614

No comments:

Post a Comment