Thursday, April 14, 2011

Naf Naf Grill - Naperville, IL

What would cause Soomeenshee to drive an hour to Naperville on a Saturday afternoon in the rain?  Two things: Chicken Schwarma and H-Mart.  A friend of mine raved about this new Mediterranean restaurant that she tried in Naperville and said we had to try it.  It doesn't take much to convince me to go on a road trip for food, so off we went. 

Naf Naf Grill is in a nice strip mall called Freedom Commons in Naperville.  The owners told us that they had plans to expand into Chicago soon.  Their pita bread is baked on site and it was the fluffiest pita I've ever had.  I got their chicken schwarma, which was stuffed in a pita with hummus, Israeli salad and tahini sauce.


I also got a bowl of lentil soup, because you all know how much I love this stuff.


Since we came in a pretty big group from Chicago, no less, they gave us a plate of falafels to share too on the house.  The batch we had might have been too fried as they were a bit too crunchy, but still good nevertheless.


We also ordered a plate of their hummus to share.  I wasn't a huge fan of the hummus, it was a little bland, but it sure looked appetizing. 


Now what I also love about this place is that they give you a side of pickles & olives.  They had an assortment of sides like tabule and purple cabbage salad, and baklava that looked great.  I was stuffed by the end, otherwise I would have tried some.  If I lived any closer, I'd probably be here all the time.  I guess I'll just have to wait till they open up a store in Chicago or if Hmart beckons me again. 

Naf Naf Grill
1739 Freedom Dr
Ste 109

Naperville, IL 60563

No comments:

Post a Comment